Monday, December 31, 2012

2012: Year in Review

So much for my triumphant return to blogging - right?

Ugh.

As it turns out, I don't really have the time at work or the mental wear withal to blog after-hours at home. With that said, though, getting back up on the ole' blogging horse is near the top of my list of resolutions for 2013 - yes, I'm one of those annoying people who makes New Year's Resolutions - blogging is just below "keep my purse neat" and above "exercise regularly." Great priorities, eh?

But, I digress.

Tomorrow is the first day of 2013 and I CANNOT believe it. It feels like it was just New Year's Eve 2011 leading into 2012 (around 11 p.m. when I was falling asleep ((NOT DRUNK)) on my best friend's living room floor. A note: I was not the only one.) This year flew by and so many wonderfully amazing things have happened. I can't even remember them all, so here's my "Best of 2012" list for your enjoyment.

(Forgive the spastic listing - I came up with it in traffic.)

Favorite TV Show of 2012: Breaking Bad - I love you dearly, Jesse Pinkman, and being able to follow you on Instagram now, my obsession with you and jealousy of your perfect blonde fiance have both grown exponentially. Walt, you got anotha' thing comin'.

Favorite TV Quote: "Yeah, bitch, MAGNETS!! OH!" -Jesse Pinkman, Breaking Bad, Season 5 - 'Nuff said.

Favorite Song: Pyramids by Frank Ocean, Channel Orange - Probably listened to it 8,000 times.

Favorite City Visited: St. Louis, Missouri - Pretty city, lots of great food.
photo
Favorite Movie: Argo (Or Lincoln - but Ben Affleck pushes me over. Don't judge.) This potentially could change after I see Zero Dark Thirty/Django Unchained/Silver Linings Playbook.

Snack of Choice: Chips & salsa - The problem is once I start, I can't stop.

Favorite Wine: 2010 Runquist R Petite Sirah, Clarksburg, California at The Tasting Room in Reston, VA - Smooth, buttery, flavorful.

Favorite Beer: Flying Dog Pearl Necklace Oyster Stout - Such incredible flavor, I could drink it all night.

Favorite Gift Received: J Crew dress from David for our two-year anniversary or hand-painted His-Hers wineglasses from my sister Mariah!
photo

Favorite Quote: "In dwelling, live close to the ground. In thinking, keep to the simple. In conflict, be fair and generous. In governing, don't try to control. In work, do what you enjoy. In family life, be completely present." -Lao Tzu

Favorite Moment: Walking out of the NRA for the last time ever ever ever - The angels flapped their wings and sang loudly. Also file this one under "Best Thing That Ever Happened to Me."


Funniest Moment: Any and all spent in/around the "Vangasm" in Nashville, Tennessee - Driven by none other than a Ron Jeremy look-alike and his Playboy bunny.



Favorite Outdoors-y Activity: Reaching the summit of Old Rag with my besties!

Favorite Nail Polish: OPI "Louvre Me, Louvre Me Not"

photo

Most Hated Lifeguard: Mr. Cool from Lin's summer pool - I want to punch him this minute.
photo

Favorite New Thang: Vinyasa yoga - OM.

photo

Favorite Meal: Pork Belly and cocktails at Poste in Washington, DC. - I want it now.

Favorite Homemade Meal: BLT Pizza with Goat Cheese Sauce - Drool.


Favorite Book: Bloom by Kelle Hampton - By the time I die, bet I will have read this book 500,000 times.
photo
Favorite Meme: Better put three rings on it.
photo
Farthest Distance Traveled: 2,400 miles to Las Vegas, Nevada - Worst business trip ever!
 

Favorite Joke: What do you call a fake noodle? /// An impasta'   - ZING!

Favorite Reality Show: No Reservations with Anthony Bourdain - Wish he would adopt me.

Favorite Purchase: My red, new-to-me Toyota Yaris - Beep, beep.
  photo
---
 New Year's Resolutions:
-Keep my purse clean - I am a slob.
-Exercise more - join a gym!
-Blog more!
-Do a better job of keeping my house clean.
-More girl time!
-More traveling! - Would love a real vacay this year!
-Boundaries! - Always need improving.
-More of above - Say NO more - Mean it and stick to it.
-Volunteer more!
-Read at least a book a month - speed reader!
-Eat more toasted everything bagels with cream cheese, lox, tomato, capers, and red onion.
 -See more concerts.

Have fun tonight and be safe if you're venturing out. We're headed to a late beer pairing dinner with friends. Looking forward the fresh start of a New Year!

Party on, Wayne.


Best Hair Moments of 2012:

photophotophoto

photophotophoto

 


1 comment:

SMD @ lifeaccordingtosteph said...

I love this post.

I look forward to your triumphant return to the blogosphere in 2013.