Wednesday, April 16, 2014

Day 3: From the Job Hunt Files

I almost just started another post with "Crap, you guys." Aren't you glad I'm so articulate?

I spent three or more hours out of the office this afternoon so I've got to be quick. All I needed to share with you is:

Holy crap. I think I just met the female Wolf of Wall Street - er, temping. While in the office "helping me find work," those recruiters recruited the SH*T out of me for a sales position with their company. Lovely to see so much (if any) potential in me; scary at how intense SALES people can be. I don't know how many more "work hard, play hard," quasi-parables, and six-figure salary name drops I could take.

Yeesh.

Sure, I walked out of there with dollar signs in my eyes, but then I woke up.

I learned a lesson today. (Unless I become very, very, very desperate) I would not be a good fit for sales. I don't have the pushiness for it. I (surprisingly) don't have the ability to talk that long without breath. Also my skin is far too greasy to be on the telephone all day.

http://static.guim.co.uk
Like Leo, if I took that job, I'd just be playing a role. And that's not really what I'm looking for. So check that baby off the list.

Oh, and TOMORROW I promise to talk about something non-work related (maybe).

P.S.: Shout out to some new-ish blog readers, some of whom are undoubtedly making fun of my hair right now. I'VE GOT MY EYE ON YOU, fools.

xo,
L

Editor's note: Much love and respect to all my peoples who are kick-ass salespeople every day o' the week. Keep doing you. xoxo

1 comment:

SMD @ lifeaccordingtosteph said...

Sales are not for me. I can't muster the enthusiasm and I can't be dishonest in any way, even when that's just NOT giving my 100% opinion and holding something back.